Every year we as fans look focus on the win loss record. We look for our break out stars and top-level performances at both the individual and the squad level. Theses are my 10 very reachable, but still, bold predictions for the Panthers this season! I will follow this up every 4 games to adjust my “bold tracker” on the season.
1. Kony Elay will go for 8-10 sacks! This is not crazy to think, given in limited action last year he notched 4 sacks. As a starter now, he looks to more than double that number.
2. Kawann Short will lead the Panthers in QB pressures and rank in the top 5 of the NFL. We know what he can do in the middle, but Carolina could work him some at defensive end as they did in the preseason.
3. The Panthers will rank top 3 in the NFL in pass breakups and interceptions combined. We have 3 linebackers that can cover, and with Stiki Wiki making plays and Tillman showing he still has some gas in the tank, the Panthers will force turnovers. Oh and with Norman playing for a payday, big things are coming.
4. The Panthers will lead the NFL in forced fumbles! 2nd last year in this stat by 8, this will be a tall task, but if any group of players can get it done it will be the Panthers!
5. Tre Boston will establish himself as a starting safety and never look back!
1. Cam Newton will lead all QBs in rushing stats! Really, there’s no need to explain this one.
2. Ted Ginn will go for over 1000 total yards total. Between the deep passes, increased workload, and special teams work, I can see this one!
3. The Panthers running attack will gain more than 2500 yards from scrimmage and 30 touchdowns. With Stew healthy, he will be the bell cow. Tolbert will get third-down and goal line actions. CAP and Wegher both look to be every down type backs, and Fozzy is is a nice change of pace. Well, and then there’s Cam!
4. The offense will center around Cam calling plays at the line as he shows growth in all areas of play and leadership.
5. Greg Olson will hit double digit touchdowns!! How could he not!
Follow him on Twitter @jp_tre18