- Panthers lead series 6-5 in the Ron Rivera era.
- Over the last five meetings, Cam Newton is averaging 269 passing yards per game and 41.8 rushing yards per game. He had 37 first downs and six touchdowns rushing over the first 10 contests.
- Carolina is 2-3 at home this season after boasting the NFL's longest home winning streak at 14 in a row.
- 0-3 in the division to this point and cannot afford a loss to the Saints (or anyone left) if they want to keep pace in the NFC South.
- 1-0 in the NFL's new Thursday Color Rush games with all blue.
- Will look to break 100 yards rushing for the first time in three games.
- Tied for 10th most in sacks given up with 23.
- Defense is 5th in the league with 27 sacks, three back from leading Bills.
- 3rd in NFC South with 4-5 record and 1-1 in the division.
- Lead the NFL in total offense (427.7 YPG) and passing (322.7 YPG).
- Second in NFL in points per game with 29.4 (Atlanta is first with 32).
- Defense is coming off a solid performance against the Broncos, posting 6 sacks.
- Have only rushed for 100 yards or more in four of last eleven meetings against Carolina (Rivera era).
- 3-2 record since defeating the Panthers in New Orleans
- Average 24 points at Bank of America stadium since 2011
Written by Tripp Morgan. Follow him on Twitter @TrippMorgan6
Article pictures of Panthers by Jesse Fraetis photography. www.fraetisphotography.com