The fantasy football playoffs are around the corner, and you know at this point whether or not if you’re going to make it. I hope that you have a Carolina Panthers player on your team and that they somehow contributed in a positive way to your season.
The Carolina Panthers are playing against another struggling team in the NFC South this week, the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons are coming to Charlotte and have only been successful against divisional opponents this season. They are currently 3-0 in the division, but have a 3-6 record. This game will be an interesting one.
My Week Eleven Projections:
- Cam Newton: 21 pts (275 passing yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 interception, 35 rushing yards)
- Kelvin Benjamin: 14 pts (85 yards, 1 touchdown)
- Greg Olsen: 13 pts (70 yards, 1 touchdown)
- Jonathan Stewart: 10 pts (40 rushing yards, 1 touchdown)
- DeAngelo Williams: 5 pts (50 rushing yards)
- Jerricho Cotchery: 6 pts (65 yards)
- Panthers Defense: 3 pts
My Week Eleven Recommendations:
Must Start: Kelvin Benjamin, Greg Olsen
Sit: Cam Newton, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Jerricho Cotchery, Panthers Defense
Fantasy football experts are arguing about whether or not to start Cam Newton this week. Newton has been successful against the Atlanta Falcons in the past, but this Panthers team is different. The Panthers can’t block or run, and have trouble creating long drives on offense. You should put Cam Newton, the Panthers defense, and the Panthers backfield on your bench this week.
Once again, you should feel safe playing Kelvin Benjamin and Greg Olsen. The Falcons defense is one of the worst passing defenses in the NFL and is averaging 280.0 passing yards against them per game. This should result in double digit fantasy points for Olsen and Benjamin.
If you have injuries and need to fill in your flex position, Jerricho Cotchery could be a good play. He starts at wide receiver for the Panthers and is averaging around 3 receptions per game. The amounts of targets and receptions have a good chance at increasing this game.
What were my week ten fantasy football projections?
My Week Ten Projections:
- Cam Newton: 16 pts (215 passing yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 interception, 25 rushing yards)
- Kelvin Benjamin: 16 pts (105 yards, 1 touchdown)
- Greg Olsen: 12 pts (60 yards, 1 touchdown)
- Jonathan Stewart: 9 pts (35 rushing yards, 1 touchdown)
- DeAngelo Williams: 6 pts (65 rushing yards)
- Jerricho Cotchery: 7 pts (70 yards)
- Panthers Defense: 8 pts
Week Ten Results (According to ESPN):
- Cam Newton: 12 pts (306 passing yards, 6 rushing yards, 2 touchdowns, 3 interception, 1 fumble)
- Kelvin Benjamin: 19 pts (3 receptions, 70 yards, 2 touchdowns)
- Greg Olsen: 11 pts (6 reception, 119 yards)
- Jonathan Stewart: 11 pts (11 attempts, 36 rushing yards, 23 receiving yards, 1 touchdown)
- DeAngelo Williams: 2 pts (13 attempts, 31 rushing yards, 17 receiving yards, 1 fumble)
- Jerricho Cotchery: 1 pt (2 receptions, 15 yards)
- Panthers Defense: -3 pts (45 PA)
My Week Ten Review:
The Carolina Panthers played another night game and lost another night game. The Philadelphia Eagles started Mark Sanchez at quarterback and didn't miss a beat. The Eagles offense lit up the Panthers defense by scoring 45 points. Sanchez didn't give the ball away, which is what no one expected. Remember the “butt fumble?”
Cam Newton was constantly under pressure and on the ground. At one point we saw Newton in pain while taking a knee on the sideline. This was a great example of how the game was going. Newton turned the ball over four times and threw for two touchdowns. Kelvin Benjamin scored two touchdowns and Greg Olsen had 119 receiving yards. Benjamin and Olsen continue to be the only reliable fantasy players on the Panthers offense from week to week. The running game continues to struggle as the offensive line struggles.
Who is going to have a better game this week: Julio Jones or Kelvin Benjamin?