The 2015 NFL Draft is almost here! I am so glad the draft is here because there are tons of predictions out there for the Carolina Panthers, and I want to know who is going to be right. I really want the Panthers to draft an offensive lineman but I am not sure if that is going to happen. Experts seem to be having a disagreement on who the Panthers will be selecting in the first round.
I decided to surf the internet to gather the draft data because of all the disagreements. I wanted to have all of the pick predictions in front of me so I could get a good feel for who the Panthers were going to get at 25.
Below you will find NFL Draft predictions from the experts for the Carolina Panthers first round pick.
1. C3’s Mel Maycock’s pick – CB Landon Collins
2. Toddy McShay’s pick – OT Ereck Flowers
3. Mel Kiper Jr.'s pick – OT D.J. Humphries
4. Walter Football – OL Shaq Thompson
5. NFL.com – OT Cedric Ogbuehi
6. SBNation.com – OT D.J. Humphries
7. CBSSports.com – OT D.J. Humphries
8. Bleacherreport.com – WR Breshad Perriman
9. Drafttek.com – OT Andrus Peat
10. David Newton’s pick – WR Devin Smith
11. Yahoo.com – RB Todd Gurley
These experts aren’t in any particular order, but our Mel Maycock is the man when it comes to draft predictions! To sum up the predictions above, there are 6 offensive lineman, 2 wide receivers, 1 running back, 1 cornerback, and 1 linebacker. The only similarities between the predictions are D.J. Humphries and the offensive lineman position. So what does this tell us? The Panthers have a strong need at the offensive line position. But there are still other holes to fill.
Please share any other mock drafts that you have seen. Which name will be read when Thomas Davis comes to the podium on April 30th?
By, Justin Raymond
Follow Me On Twitter @JayRay19