So if you are a member of Panther Nation, you love Greg Olsen. Did you know he is currently second in the NFL in receiving yards with 610 yards? Trailing only Julio Jones who has 656 yards (most of those against our Defense). He also has 51 career touchdowns. Yes we love Olsen, here are a few other things that I bet you did not know:
· Coach's Son- Did you know he played football and basketball for his his father while at Wayne Hills High School in New Jersey?
· Track and Field- You’d not know it by watching him in the NFL, but he was a sprinter and threw the shot put, the javelin, and the discus. He once ran 11.4 in the 100 meters. And once threw the shot put a career best of 18.03 meters in the New Jersey state championship
· Notre Dame Fighting Irish- Originally signed to attend and play for the Notre Dame before transferring to Miami
· Rapper?? Did you know that our beloved and straight-laced Greg Olsen was in a controversial rap group called The Seventh Floor Crew? His name was G-Reg. They even got some bad publicity for being too sexually explicit. Goes to show we all do dumb stuff at some point. He apologized and moved on
· Keep Pounding Personified- We all know the story of his of his beautiful son TJ who is a twin and has a rare congenital heart disease. He personifies the Panthers moniker of Keep Pounding. But did you also know his Mom is a cancer-survivor? Keep Pounding is a way of life!
Yes, we all love Greg Olsen and with him averaging over 100 yards per game and has a shot at leading the league, or definitely a shot at top-five receiver in the entire league. I want to see him be a Panther for a long time to come.