The Panthers have a tough schedule and might have trouble getting in the end zone. But, if Cam Newton can stay healthy, and we can improve the run game, this offense might be able to produce at a high level consistently.
Should you start or sit any Carolina Panthers week six?
My Week Six Projections:
• Cam Newton: 19 pts (275 passing yards, 2 touchdown)
• Kelvin Benjamin: 13 pts (75 yards, 1 touchdown)
• Darrin Reaves: 7 pts (70 rushing yards)
• Chris Ogbonnaya: 8 pts (25 rushing yards, 1 touchdown)
• Greg Olsen: 15 pts (90 yards, 1 touchdown)
• Panthers Defense: 15 pts
My week six recommendations:
The Cincinnati Bengals allowed an underachieving New England Patriots team to score 43 points against them last week. The Bengals are plagued by injuries and don’t look to be getting any healthier this week. They might be playing without A.J. Green, who is their number one weapon on offense. Also, their starting linebacker Vontaze Burfict, is still listed as questionable. He suffered a concussion week two against the Atlanta Falcons.
ESPN wants you to sit Cam Newton this week, but I say he is a must start! The Panthers offense will take advantage of their injuries and get in the end zone. The only questionable start this week is our running backs. Do not play them unless you need someone in the flex position.
What were my week five fantasy football projections?
My Week Five Projections were:
• Cam Newton: 19 pts (280 passing yards, 2 touchdowns)
• Kelvin Benjamin: 17 pts (110 yards, 1 Touchdown)
• Darrin Reaves or Chris Ogbonnaya: 12 pts (100 yards, 25 receiving yards)
• Greg Olsen: 14 pts (80 yards, 1 Touchdown)
• Panthers Defense: 10 pts
My Week Five Review:
The Carolina Panthers were able to score 31 points on the Chicago Bears this past Sunday. That might seem like it would be a good day for your fantasy football team, but the turnovers in the first half reduced the point outcome for some of your players. Cam Newton had two turnovers even though he played a great game overall. Kelvin Benjamin several drops and fumbled the football. The Panthers defense and Greg Olsen were the big scorers this past week.
Week Five Results (According to ESPN):
• Cam Newton: 14 pts (255 Yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 interception, 1 fumble)
• Kelvin Benjamin: 1 pt (3 receptions, 38 yards, 1 fumble)
• Darrin Reaves: 4 pts (11 attempts, 35 rushing yards)
• Chris Ogbonnaya: 8 pts (8 attempts, 24 rushing yards, 1 touchdown)
• Greg Olsen: 19 pts (6 receptions, 72 yards, 2 touchdowns)
• Panthers Defense: 18 pts (24 PA, 2 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 touchdown)
Will Darrin Reaves score a touchdown this week?
By Justin Raymond
Follow me on Twitter @JayRay19