The offense for the second week in a row scored over 30 points and is beginning to look like a well-oiled machine. The defense is another story because they allowed the Bengals to score over 30 points
Fantasy football owners shouldn’t hesitate to insert the Carolina Panthers key players into their starting lineups.
Who should you start or sit for the Carolina Panthers in week seven?
My Week Seven Projections:
- Cam Newton: 30 pts (250 passing yards, 2 touchdowns, 65 rushing yards, 1 rushing touchdown)
- Kelvin Benjamin (mild concussion): 14 pts (80 yards, 1 touchdown)
- Jonathan Stewart: 13 pts (75 rushing yards, 1 touchdown)
- Greg Olsen: 13 pts (70 yards, 1 touchdown)
- Panthers Defense: ?
My week seven recommendations:
The Green Bay Packers currently have the 5th best passing defense and the worst rushing defense in the NFL. The Packers two best defensive backs, Sam Shields and Tramon Williams are currently listed as questionable for this upcoming matchup. I think that the Carolina Panthers offense will have another big day!
The issue again this week is the defensive secondary for the Carolina Panthers. Aaron Rodgers is an elite quarterback and he will get into the end zone. The receivers of the Packers are quick and are great at running routes. Do not start the Carolina Panthers defense this week. Kelvin Benjamin suffered a concussion so his play time is up in the air. According to sources, Jonathan Stewart has been cleared to play and will start against the Packers.
Must Start: Cam Newton, Kelvin Benjamin, Greg Olsen
Sit: Panthers Defense, Jonathan Stewart, Fozzy Whittaker
Breakout Player: Jerricho Cotchery
What were my week six fantasy football projections?
My Week Six Projections were:
- Cam Newton: 19 pts (275 passing yards, 2 touchdown)
- Kelvin Benjamin: 13 pts (75 yards, 1 touchdown)
- Darrin Reaves: 7 pts (70 rushing yards)
- Chris Ogbonnaya: 8 pts (25 rushing yards, 1 touchdown)
- Greg Olsen: 15 pts (90 yards, 1 touchdown)
- Panthers Defense: 15 pts
My Week Six Review:
The Carolina Panthers had another big week on offense. Cam Newton finally broke out of his shell and put his legs to work! Cam Newton had one of the best games all year with 33 fantasy points. My prediction was not even close with Newton, but we didn’t know how healthy he was until the game started. Kelvin Benjamin and Greg Olsen continue to produce double digit fantasy points every week. The running backs on the Panthers and the defense failed to help anyone in week six.
Week Six Results (According to ESPN):
- Cam Newton: 33 pts (284 passing Yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 interception/ 107 rushing yards and 1 touchdown)
- Kelvin Benjamin: 10 pt (7 receptions, 49 yards, 1 touchdown)
- Darrin Reaves: 1 pt (8 attempts, 15 rushing yards)
- Chris Ogbonnaya: 0 pts (0 attempts, 0 rushing yards)
- Greg Olsen: 12 pts (6 receptions, 62 yards, 1 touchdown)
- Panthers Defense: -4 pts (37 PA, 2 interceptions)
Will Cam Newton or Jonathan Stewart have more rushing yards this week?
By Justin Raymond
Follow me on Twitter @JayRay19